Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are Australias ideal celebrity couple, with 37% of both men and women agreeing on the perfect partnership, according to a recent national survey by Baileys that asked Australians aged 18 to 34 years who they most aspired to in their relationship.
For men, power couple Brangelina was second choice (24%), followed by Posh and Becks (17%) then Cate Blanchett and husband Andrew Upton (14%).
Meanwhile, women aspired to the union of Cate Blanchett and husband Andrew Upton second (21%) followed by Brangelina (18%), with Bec and Lleyton Hewitt surprisingly close behind (16%).
TomKat (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes) came in a resounding last as Australias ideal couple, attracting just 2% of the overall vote.
Australias choice of the laid-back Affleck and Garner is perhaps a reflection of Aussies desire for low-pressure relationships, with 60% of males and 64% of females admitting to feeling stressed out by Valentines Day.
The feeling is mutual whether in a relationship or not, with 70% of single respondents and 60% of those in long term relationships feeling equally pressured by the romantic celebration.
For anyone feeling anxious about what to do this Valentine's Day, Baileys has an easy and hassle-free suggestion for an indulgent celebration with the delicious cocktail below.
Baileys Strawberry Kiss
30ml Baileys Original
30ml Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
60ml apple juice
(1.3 standard drinks)
Muddle strawberries in a cocktail shaker. Add remaining ingredients and some ice. Shake well then strain into tall glass.
Serve with a selection of fresh nuts (almonds and macadamias are a perfect match) and strawberries (or your favourite fruit) dipped in ricotta and honey.
Share the pleasure responsibly
For more information visit www.baileyslounge.com.au / www.baileys.com
Baileys RRP $31.95 (700mL)
Q: DO YOU AGREE THERE IS TOO MUCH PRESSURE AROUND VALENTINES DAY?
Breakdowns of resopondents who answered YES:
· 60% of males
· 64% of females
By marital status:
· 70% of singles
· 58% in long term relationships
· 63% of married respondents
· TAS 75%
· NSW 70%
· QLD 62%
· VIC 59%
· SA 59%
Q: WHO WOULD YOU MOST LIKE YOU AND YOUR PARTNER TO BE LIKE?
· Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner (34%)
· Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (24%)
· Victoria and David Beckham (17%)
· Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton (14%)
· Bec and Lleyton Hewit (9%)
· Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (3%)
· Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner (38%)
· Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton (21%)
· Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (18%)
· Bec and Lleyton Hewit (16%)
· Victoria and David Beckham (6%)
· Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (2%)
* This survey was conducted by Pure Profile on behalf of Baileys with 1,000 respondents across Australia in February 2008.