Keeping this years New Years resolution
Most Australian women will make a New Years resolution to lose weight and get fit following the indulgences of Christmas.
To help you keep your New Year weight resolution, Ultra Slim is giving three Femail.com.au readers the chance to win a six week weight loss package. The prize package includes:
* A six week supply of Ultra Slim meal replacement shakes;
* A six week supply of Ultra Slim snack bars;
* Six weeks online personal fitness training with Dean Piazza via www.getfit.com.au; and an
* Ultra Slim eating plan.
Ultra Slim is a meal replacement product which provides a balanced portion of nutrients, including carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals, to help control calorie intake at meal times.
According to personal trainer Dean Piazza, the motivation to stay in shape over the New Year and during the summer entertaining period is easily lost.
"Summer is one of the harder times to keep control of calories and resist treats. It is easy to overindulge in the festive season and at summer entertaining events," he says.
A former international triathlete and online personal trainer, Dean Piazza says that maintaining a healthy diet and resisting festive temptations are an important factor in keeping weight loss resolutions.
"With summer entertaining continuing well into January and February it is easy to slip back into bad eating and poor exercising habits. There are numerous healthy alternatives available to make it as easy as possible, such as meal replacement products," he says.
According to a number of studies from Columbia University, the UK National Obesity Forum, The Dietitians Association of Australia, and a recent report in the Medical Journal of Australia^^, meal replacements stand the test of time as a safe and effective weight loss method.
"Meal replacements are a simple way to maintain a healthy, nutritionally balanced diet, without all the fuss and calorie counting. Ultra Slim meal replacements aren't limited to shakes, but also include a range of nutritionally balanced snack bars and ready-to-drink products. They're easy to prepare, tasty and assist in healthy weight loss," added Dean Piazza.
Piazza also says that the warmer weather of the New Year brings greater motivation to get off the couch and get active.
"The warmer weather presents a great opportunity to get out of the house and start to train outside. Go for a walk, swim some laps or join your local gym.
"Most people will find that it is much easier to get up in the morning to do a work out before work in the warmer months and the longer summer days make training after work a more enjoyable and easier alternative," added Dean Piazza.
Variety and change in a work out will ensure that different muscle groups are exercised and motivation levels are kept high. To help those who are trying to lose weight as their New Years resolution, Dean Piazza offers the following tips:
1. Be prepared to motivate - You will need to really push yourself after months of festive celebrations and eating, stop making excuses and be persistent to see any results.
2. Make a change - Change your regime for the warmer weather remembering to take into account outdoor activities and longer days.
3. Go outdoors - Now is the best time to hit the sidewalk, go for a swim or a jog through the local park. Get active and get outside into the fresh air.
4. Don't neglect your eating plan - Keep your eye out for healthy options at the supermarket, and keep you fluids up by drinking herbal infusions.
5. Re-hydrate - Don't forget to drink your daily intake of water.
6. Keep your eye on the prize - Remember how rewarding it will be when you beat the statistics and stick with your New Years resolution.
Dean Piazza, in partnership with Ultra Slim, aims to help the growing percentage of Australians who are overweight, lose weight and get fit through the help of meal replacements and a targeted fitness program.
The Ultra Slim meal replacement program replaces a maximum of two meals per day with nutritionally balanced shakes and snacks.
For further information on Ultra Slim products or healthy eating meal plans, visit www.ultraslim.com.au
* Source: Ultra Slim research survey conducted online with over 4,000 responses.
This competition is now closed