Weigh It Up Australia launches its first ever recipe book, Winter Warmers!
Enjoy inspirational cooking with Winter Warmers' healthy recipe makeovers
Weigh it Up Australia's first ever recipe book "Winter Warmers", will hit newsagent's shelves this July offering consumers an exciting array of new and classic seasonal dishes with a very healthy twist. Weigh it Up Australia's Food Consultant Julie White (Queen of the recipe makeover and Healthy Food Innovator) together with Giaan Rooney (Healthy Living Ambassador) and Barbara Macciolli (Allergy-Friendly Cooking Expert) have created a collection of inspired and nutritious choices for cooks of all levels focusing on healthy takes of new and traditional dishes we all love to enjoy.
A part of Weigh It Up Australia's aim is to get people loving food, feeling healthy and ensuring they are not gaining any unwanted kilos. By cleverly swapping ingredients which may compromise healthy eating for more nutritionally rich choices, this recipe book offers all of the indulgences (think Roast Loin of Pork with Baked Apples and Quinoa with Sage and Walnut Stuffing followed by Rhubarb, Cardamom and Apple Crumble)
without the guilt!
In support of the "Slow Food" movement, Weigh it Up Australia's approach to food is refreshingly simple - always use the freshest locally grown seasonal produce whenever possible to ensure optimal nutritional content in your food as well as maximising flavour and value for money.
Julie, Giaan and Barbara have created an inspired collection of recipes filled with healthy choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner together with a clever collection of entertaining menus to help you plan for those shared celebrations, impress your family and friends with your newfound culinary expertise - without the need to overindulge.
Based on the key principles and philosophies of the Weigh it Up Australia program online (www.weighitup.com.au), the Winter Warmers recipe book has a strong focus on:
- Healthy, fresh food every day: We believe in cooking with fresh food as much as possible. The less human interference food has experienced the better it is for you.
- Recipe Overhauls: we take recipe inspiration from the likes of Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson and make them healthy. We take out all the nasties like cream and butter, and replace them with healthier alternatives, meaning our food still tastes great, with the added bonus of being good for us.
- Relaxation: cooking should be enjoyable. We keep it that way with simple, delicious recipes the whole family will love.
- Everything in moderation: We don't believe you should cut anything out. Coffee and chocolate are great, so long as you enjoy them in moderation.
- No counting: forget about calories, points, percentages....we want you to feel better, not worry about the numbers.
- Educating readers on new fresh foods and tastes: we love natural herbs and spices, and other tasty, fresh ingredients.
Julie White is excited about the launch of the first ever Weigh It Up Australia recipe book, "I love taking a fabulous recipe and giving it a healthy makeover so that we can all enjoy it without being concerned that it's bad for us. Our collection of recipes on the website has been very popular and to be able to create this recipe book for everyone to enjoy is a wonderful feeling. My dream is for every household in Australia to have a copy of our delicious, healthy recipes on their kitchen bench!'
Julie added, "Each season, Weigh it Up Australia is aiming to launch a new recipe book so that our readers can learn and enjoy new simple, tasty and healthy recipes using the freshest easily accessible produce for that time of year."
Earlier this year, the team at Weigh It Up asked their 55,000 Australian members if they would like a recipe book to add to their collection. The overwhelming response was, YES!
The Weigh It Up Winter Warmers Recipe Book will launch in July 2011, available at independent newsagents nationally; online at www.weighitup.com.au and Chemist Warehouse nationally. Recommended Retail price is $8.95.