Developer: Sony PlayStation
PlayStation 2, the very best in home entertainment, is sleeker, smaller and more stylish than ever before - and comes in two gorgeous colours, Charcoal Black and Satin Silver.
But this dazzling downsizing hasn't extended to the console's superb range of features. PlayStation 2 still has the same awesome processing power, the same immense, diverse library of great games, the same fantastic DVD and CD-playing capabilities, the same stunning versatility... In short, PlayStation 2 offers the same amazing array of entertainment possibilities in a single, simple to use console.
In fact, PlayStation 2 manages to squeeze even more into its svelte, lightweight frame; the newly-integrated NETWORK connector gives you the power to directly hook your console up to a broadband Internet connection and take a variety of network-enabled games and applications online. It's possible to compete, cooperate or even chat with fellow PlayStation 2 owners across Australia and, in some cases, the rest of the world.
An essential addition to any home, PlayStation 2 will open your eyes to a whole new world of entertainment.
- PlayStation 2 is home to an unmatched library of games, many of which are totally exclusive titles. Groundbreaking, award-winning games series such as Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Sly Raccoon, The Getaway, SingStar, and the ever-expanding range of EyeToy-compatible titles will never appear on anything other than a PlayStation console. Whether you're after an in-depth challenge, a quick fix of accessible, sociable fun - or anything in between - PlayStation 2 is the only choice that counts
- Additionally, if you're upgrading to PlayStation 2 from PS one, the console plays virtually all existing PlayStation (PS one ) titles. Using PlayStation 2's additional power, it's also possible to enhance both the loading times and visuals of these older games
- PlayStation 2 is compatible with a startling selection of accessories that have been designed to enhance every aspect of your experience, be it innovative immersive peripherals (EyeToy), game-boosting gadgets (G-con 2, Multitap), handy time-saving devices (Memory Card, DVD Remote Control), or the extensive choice of audio-visual-enhancing cables
- Aside from being a powerful games machine, PlayStation 2 can play music CDs and also features a fully-functioning DVD player. Take time out from playing to sit back and enjoy your favourite films and TV shows, with all the benefits that the DVD format brings - superior picture and sound quality, bonus material and, for families, Parental Lock security functions
- In addition, if you're the owner of a home cinema (surround sound) system, the console features a Digital Out (Optical) connector, allowing you to reap the aural benefits offered by Dolby Digital or DTS (Digital Theatre Systems) audio
PS2 Technical Specifications
- Dimensions: approximately 230 mm (W) ×28 mm (H) ×152 mm (D)
(*internal volume about 23% of the current model)
- Weight: approximately 900g
(*weight about 45% of the current model)
- Power requirements: DC 8.5V
- Power consumption: approximately 5.3A(approximately 45W)
- Compatible format: PlayStation format CD-ROM
PlayStation 2 format CD-ROM
PlayStation 2 format DVD-ROM
DVD-RW (VR mode)
* The term "DVD-Video" is used to refer to DVD-R, DVD-RW (Video mode), DVD+R and DVD+RW discs.
- Interfaces: Controller Port x 2
Memory Card Slot slot x 2
USB connector x 2
Network connector x 1 100BASE-TX/10BASE-T
DC IN 8.5V connector x 1
AV Multi Out connector x 1
Digital OutOPTICAL connector x 1